The Adult Education and Family Literacy Office (AEFL) administers the federally-funded adult education grant program in Colorado, as authorized by the Adult Education and Family Literacy Act (AEFLA) under Title II of the Workforce Investment Act.
Address: 201 E. Colfax Ave., Denver CO 80203
Room Number(s): 300
Unit Supervisor: Margaret Kirkpatrick
Administrative Lead: Jean McDonald
Lead Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Lead Phone Number: 303-866-6884
- Administer the federal grant program for adult basic education services in Colorado
- Administer the EL/Civics grant program (integrated English literacy and civics education services to immigrant and limited English proficient adults)
- Monitor and evaluate adult basic education programs for compliance and quality
- Provide professional development and technical assistance to AEFLA-funded local providers of adult basic education services
- Collect and report data on Colorado's adult basic education services and outcomes
- Collaborate with Educator Licensing and Colorado Community Colleges to adminster the credential for teachers of ABE, ASE, and Adult ESL (Authorization in Adult Basic Education (ABEA))
Regional Assessment Training
Annual training in the administration of NRS-approved assessments for adult learners, offered in five locations in August and September 2013.
Making the Shifts...2014 and Beyond
Making the Shifts is a professional development opportunity for Colorado’s ABE/ASE teachers in preparation for the new GED® Tests to be released in January 2014. This is an extended, multi-session professional development initiative using a cohort model.
Adult Basic Education Training and Learning Center is the new professional development and assesment training resource center for Colorado's AEFLA funded programs.