Take Action! Tools and Strategies to Advance Your School Wellness Program
During the 2015-16 school year, the Colorado Department of Education (CDE) Office of School Nutrition (OSN) and the Colorado Education Initiative (CEI) will offer four regional trainings aimed at helping districts take their Local School Wellness Policies to the next level. During these trainings, participants will learn strategies and tools to:
- Make the connection between health, wellness and academic performance
- Garner buy-in and engage stakeholders
- Implement their wellness policies
- Assess wellness policy and wellness policy implementation
- Implement Smart Snacks rules and Colorado competitive food and beverage policies
- Implement Smarter Lunchroom techniques
- Apply for a HealthierUS School Challenge award and a Healthy School Champions award
Find school wellness resources used during the trainings here!
- Trainings time: 8:00 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
- Breakfast and lunch will be provided.
- Cost: Free!
- Who Should Attend: Wellness team members that will participate or have participated in a wellness policy review and/or revision/update. This could be a wellness coordinator, nutritional services director/manager, superintendent or designated administrator, school board member, teacher, parent, student, community partner, public health employee, etc.
- Required Materials: Please locate and bring your most current school district (or school level if applicable) Wellness Policy (ADF Document). Please bring enough copies for everyone from your organization who is attending.
- Contact hours will be available.
- Registration: Go to CNXPress to register.
If you are claiming travel expense reimbursement to attend a Team Nutrition Regional Training, you will need to complete the following:
If your district is claiming reimbursement for substitute pay for you to attend a Team Nutrition Regional Training, you will need to complete the following:
Completed and signed forms should be emailed to Stacey Macklin or mailed to CDE Office of School Nutrition; 1580 Logan St., Suite 760; Denver, CO 80203
Training date and location:
- Trainings for the current year have been completed.