School Nutrition Programs (SNP) Academy
As part of the Professional Standards Training Grant, the Office of School Nutrition has been working with Colorado State University (CSU) to redesign the New Directors Orientation training as a one-day training course, supplemented by a series of online modules. The training is intended for both new directors and new kitchen managers, and will initially be offered on Friday, Nov. 3, 2017, followed by trainings throughout school year 2017-18.
Note: Food Science and Human Nutrition Department Masters of Science student from Colorado State University (CSU), Johanna Bishop, will email all participants in the School Nutrition Programs Academy. Johanna is a member of the CSU training development team, which collaborated with the Colorado Department of Education Office of School Nutrition, to develop the School Nutrition Programs Academy training. The School Nutrition Programs Academy is a pilot training, and the CSU team would like to evaluate its effectiveness and would appreciate your help. Johanna’s email will contain additional information about t this evaluation process. Thank you for your consideration.
- Training time: 8:00 a.m. - 3 p.m. Networking lunch will be provided.
- Objectives: this class will provide new directors and kitchen managers with the skills necessary to successfully operate a school food service program. Participants will learn about menu planning, free and reduced price processes, meal counting and claiming, procurement and food safety.
- Who should attend: new directors and kitchen managers.
- All materials will be provided.
Continuing Education Units (CEU)
- Annual training hours: 5 hours
- Professional standards learning objectives:
- Menu Planning (1100)
- Cashier and Point of Service (2300)
- Purchasing/Procurement (2400)
- Food Safety and Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point (HACCP) (2600)
- Free and Reduced Price School Meal Benefits (3100)
- Financial Management (3300)
Training Date and Location
- Friday, November 3, 2017, 8 a.m. - 3 p.m.
- Cherry Creek School District -Student Achievement Resource Center (SARC) Building
- Room 303-304
- 14188 E. Briarwood Avenue
- Centennial, CO 80112
Reimbursement for substitute pay, stipend and/or mileage is available.
- For detailed information about allowable expenses, go to rmc.org/reimbursement.
- Reimbursement requests must be submitted within 10 days of the event. Requests will not be accepted after Monday, Nov. 13, 2017 .
- For additional information, please email Lara Peck (RMC Health).