Free and Reduced Price Meals and Verification In-person Training
- This course will review the requirements and regulations for the free and reduced price meal program and the verification process.
Free and Reduced Price Meal Program and Verification – The Basics
- Training time: 8:30 a.m. - 1 p.m. Light snack will be provided.
- Objectives: Attendees will learn to effectively certify, process and verify free and reduced-price meal eligibility benefits, in accordance with federal and state nutrition program regulations.
- Who should attend - training requirements: Any nutrition or district staff involved in making eligibility determinations, involved in the verification process, serves as the back-up and/or hearing official for the free and reduced meal processes.
- What should participants bring to the training: Writing utensils, paper or laptop for note taking. Participants should also bring a copy of the Eligibility Manual for School Meals. (NOTE: The 2018 Eligibility Manual for School Meals should be available in July 2018 for printing, before the training.)
- Annual training hours: Five (5) hours
- Registration for this training will be done through Smartsheet.
- Please click on the training registration and complete the registration form.*
- If you have issues with the registration, please contact Rachael Burnham.
*Based on the training requirements of each day, it may not be necessary for you to attend both days of training. If you plan to attend both days of training, you must register for each training, separately, for the Direct Certification and Free and Reduced Price Meals and Verification trainings.
Training Dates and Locations
Tuesday, July 17, 2018*
- St. Vrain School District
- Lincoln ESC Building, Aspen Room
- 619 Bowen Street
- Longmont, CO 80501
*This training is full. Please email Rachael Burnham to add your name to the wait list, or register for another training date and location.
Tuesday, July 24, 2018
- Valley RE- 1 School District
- Administration Building
- Staff Development Room 16
- 301 Hagen Street
- Sterling, CO 80751
Tuesday, July 31, 2018
- Durango School District
- 201 E. 12th Street
- Durango, CO 81301
Tuesday, Aug. 7, 2018
- Otero Junior College
- Student Center Conference Room
- 2001 San Juan Avenue
- La Junta, CO 81050
Thursday, Sept. 20, 2018
- Cherry Creek School District
- Student Achievement Resource Center (SARC)
- 14188 E Briarwood Avenue
- Centennial, CO 80112
Tuesday, Sept. 25, 2018
- South Routt School District
- District Office Board Room
- 305 S. Grant
- Oak Creek, CO 80467
For additional information, please contact Rachael Burnham.