Free and Reduced Price Meals and Verification In-person Training
- This course will review the requirements and regulations for the free and reduced price meal program and the verification process.
Free and Reduced Price Meal Program and Verification – The Basics
- Training time: 8:30 a.m. - 1:30 p.m. Light snack will be provided.
- Objectives: Attendees will learn to effectively certify, process and verify free and reduced-price meal eligibility benefits, in accordance with federal and state nutrition program regulations.
- Who should attend - training requirements: Staff with zero to two years experience, who work in the free and reduced price meals program area.
- What should participants bring to the training: Writing utensils, paper or laptop for note taking. Participants should also bring a copy of the 2017 Eligibility Manual for School Meals.
- Annual training hours: Five (5) hours
Training Dates and Locations
Wednesday, July 19, 2017
Morgan County School District
- 715 W Platte Ave
- Board room
- Fort Morgan, CO 80701
Wednesday, July 26, 2017
Westminster School District
- 6933 Raleigh St.
- Westminster High School, Room A209
- Westminster, CO 80030
Tuesday, Aug. 8, 2017
Mesa County Workforce Center
- 512 29 1/2 Road
- Room C
- Grand Junction, CO 81504
Tuesday, Aug. 15, 2017
Otero Junior College
- 1802 Colorado Avenue
- Student Center, Room 120
- La Junta, CO 80150
- Please register for the training
- Based on the training requirements for each training, it may not be necessary to attend both days of training. If you plan to attend both days of training, you must register for each training, separately, in the CO Child Nutrition Hub.
For additional information, please contact Rachael Burnham.