- SP 28-2017 Revised Prototype Free and Reduced Price Application for SY 2017-2018 (May 3, 2017)
- SP 51-2016 Ensuring Year-long Eligibility in the School Lunch and School Breakfast Programs (August 5, 2016)
- Translations for applications intended to be used directly by families
- Translations for applications and verification form prototypes for state agency consideration
- SP 43-2016 Ensuring Access to Free and Reduced Price School Meals for Low-Income Students (June 30, 2016)
USDA Web-based Prototype Application for Free and Reduced Price School Meals
USDA released a web-based free and reduced price meal prototype application that was created using research-based best practices and applicant feedback to help minimize errors and address common issues. It was built to illustrate and advance the development of integrity-focused, user accessible, web-based application design.The web-based prototype is intended to serve as a model for already existing online applications; use is optional. States and schools may choose to adapt the prototype for their own use or use selected functions to enhance their current online application. CDE OSN highly encourages SFAs to share this resource with your online application software vendors.
To learn more, visit Web-Based Prototype Application for Free and Reduced Price School Meals v1.0