You are here
News and Events
Healthy School Meals for All
The Colorado legislature passed House Bill 22-1414 to send the creation of a Healthy School Meals for All program to voters on the November 2022 ballot. The Healthy School Meals for All program would provide funding opportunities to Colorado public school food authorities that participate in the federal National School Lunch Program or School Breakfast Program. If passed, the bill would:
- Reimburse school food authorities that choose to participate in the program for free meals provided to students who are not eligible for free or reduced-price meals under the federal school meals programs.
- Provide funding to school food authorities to purchase nutritious, fresh food from Colorado farmers and ranchers.
- Provide school food authorities with additional funding to increase wages or provide stipends to staff who prepare and serve the meals.
- Establish student and parent advisory committees.
- Have grants available to provide training and equipment to school food authorities.
Reference this Health School Meals for All FAQ sheet for more information. For questions, contact Kerri Link at email@example.com.