You are here
Stakeholder feedback sought for rulemaking hearings
Rulemaking hearing for the Administration of the Exceptional Children's Educational Act - 1 CCR 301-8. This hearing is on proposed rule changes for universal preschool students with disabilities. Click here for the most current redline version of the rules. The primary purpose of these changes is to:
- Eliminate unnecessary language from Rule 1.00 regarding the statement and basis for the rules.
- Align ECEA’s definition of a child with a visual impairment with the federal definition as defined in the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA).
- Clarify timelines and requirements associated with the application process for forming a new or reorganized administrative unit (AU).
- Establish rules pertaining to charter school networks or charter school collaboratives seeking to become an alternative administrative unit in alignment with House Bill 22-1294.
- Establish rules for the duties and responsibilities of an alternative administrative unit in alignment with House Bill 22-1294.
- Establish rules pertaining to student enrollment in alternative administrative units (AAUs) in alignment with House Bill 22-1294.
- Rulemaking hearing for the administration of the Protection of Persons from Restraint Act - 1 CCR 301-45. This hearing is about changes to rules for the Administration of the Protection of Persons from Restraint Act. The primary purpose of the hearing is to ensure alignment of the PPRA Rules with the requirements of House Bill 22-1376. Click here for the most current redline version of the proposed rules.
Provide feedback by emailing ECEAStakeholderRules@cde.state.co.us. We request comments be submitted no later than the close of business on Friday, March 24. Please visit the Colorado State Board of Education website for dates and times.
If you have any questions, contact Dr. Paul Foster, executive director of Exceptional Students Services, at email@example.com.
CDE to host Zoom meeting to discuss rule changes
Having trouble with this webpage?
If you have problems with broken links or accessing the content on this page, please contact the Exceptional Student Services Unit at ESSU@cde.state.co.us. Please copy the URL link for this page into the email when referencing the problem you are experiencing.