You are here
COVID-19 and Migrant Education Program Office
United States Department of Education Resources
- Fact Sheet: Addressing the Risk of COVID-19 While Serving Migratory Children (PDF) May 11, 2020
- U.S. Department of Education Coronavirus Resources
- U.S. Department of Education News
- CARES Act
Migrant Education Program COVID-19 News and Resources
CDE requests the assistance of schools and districts in helping Colorado’s Migrant students participate in the supplementary learning opportunities they are entitled to per ESSA, Title I, Part C. CDE asks that, upon request, students enrolled in the Migrant Education Program (MEP) be allowed to keep at home technology resources, such as laptops and internet connection, through the summer in order to facilitate supplementary learning and credit accrual through the MEP program. This assistance would remove a significant barrier to student participation in summer online learning programs designed to address the unique educational needs of Migrant students to improve basic skills and realize academic performance at grade level benchmarks. Thank you for your support of these students and extended learning opportunities available to help them achieve!
For more information, please contact Tomas Mejia at Mejia_T@cde.state.co.us or 303-866-6592.
Migrant Education Program COVID-19 Resources
- Guidance for Identification and Recruitment (ID&R) During COVID-19 (PDF) (NEW, Updated June 17, 2020)
- Colorado Migrant Education Program COVID-19 Service Matrix (PDF)
Colorado State COVID-19 Guidance