- We are looking to add to our team! Check out our opening for a Bully Prevention and Education Senior Consultant!
- We are building our website to provide more examples and resources! Be sure to check back often for updated content and resources!
- Want to feature your PBIS work? Send us artifacts/documents of your PBIS framework: expectations, acknowledgement system, discipline flowchart, etc. We are building our website and would love to feature work from Colorado schools! Email Jason Harlacher your products and we may publish them on our website!
Positive Behavioral Interventions and Supports (PBIS) is a prevention-based framework for organizing evidence-based behavioral supports into an integrated continuum that enhances academic and social outcomes for all students.
The mission of Colorado PBIS (CO-PBIS) is to establish and maintain effective school environments that maximize academic achievement and behavioral competence of all learners in Colorado.
For More Information Contact:
Lynne DeSousa, PBIS Statewide Coordinator
Jason Harlacher, MTSS Specialist
Current Legislation Information
Guidance from the U.S. Department of Education on School Discipline Disparities and Positive School Climate and Culture
- Dear Colleague Letter on PBIS and Students with Disabilities 2016 (PDF)
- Dear Colleague Letter on Nondiscrimination School Discipline 2014 (PDF)
- USDOE Resource Guide for Improving School Climate 2014 (PDF)
- USDOE Directory of Federal School Climate and Discipline Resources (PDF)
- USDOE School Climate and Discipline Guidance
- 2012 Colorado state legislation on school discipline (PDF)
- Colorado House Bill 11-1254: Concerning Measures to Reduce the Frequency of Bullying in Schools
- Overview of the bill (PDF)