Welcome to the CDE School Transportation home page!
To create a supportive, encouraging learning environment for the school districts serving Colorado's public school children, through professional, knowledgeable ideas, utilizing the best resources available to achieve safe transportation programs.
2018-19 School Year Resources (forms, guides, etc.) have been updated and now available on this website.
CDE transportation CDE-40 claim form training http://www.cde.state.co.us/cdefinance/auditunit_transportation (see under “Presentations” section).
- 2018-19 CDL and Non-CDL Operator Written Tests
- New Federal Rules regarding Commercial Driver License Entry Level Training Requirements.
- House Bill 1306 - Foster Care
- NHTSA - School Bus Driver In-Service Refresher Modules
- Minimum Standards Governing School Transportation Vehicles 301-25
- Colorado Rules for the Operation, Maintenance and Inspection of School Transportation Vehicles 301-26 – Effective January 1, 2018
- 2018 CDE School Bus, Multifunction, and Motor Coach Operator Guide
- 2018 CDE Type A, Multifunction, and Small Vehicle Route and Activity Operator Guide
- 2018 CDE Transportation Resource Guide
- 2018 CDE Annual Inspection and Maintenance Resource Guide
- 2018 License and Training Matrix
- CDE - 40 Audit Resource Guide and Claim Form
- 2007 Colorado Student Transportation Disabilities Manual (PDF) (CSPTA)
- 2013 CSPTA Technicians Reference Manual (CSPTA)
- 2018 Colorado School Bus Driver Trainer Guide (CSPTA)
- Confidentiality Presentation - Alamosa 2017
- Mandatory Reporting - Alamosa 2017
- NASDPTS - Belt Presentation
- 2018 Supervisor Training
- Emergency Evacuations - Alamosa 2018
- 2020 FMCSA Entry Level CDL Training
- 2020 FMCSA Drug and Alcohol Clearinghouse
- Child Restraint Systems on School Bus (NHTSA)
- Colorado Child Passenger Safety Law
- Colorado Commercial Driver License Manual 2018
- Colorado Interactive Driver History (MVR Service)
- Colorado Safe Routes to School
- Colorado State Pupil Transportation Association (CSPTA)
- DOT Office of Drug and Alcohol Policy and Compliance
- First Aid and CPR Clarification from Public Health and Environment
- FMCSA Drug and Alcohol Tri-fold Brochure
- National Congress on School Transportation
- School Bus Facts.com
- School Finance calendar
- School Finance home page