2014-2015 Multi-Tiered System of Supports (MTSS) Professional Learning Calendar of Events
The following downloadable document includes the dates of upcoming events. If you are interested in the regional MTSS Overview Trainings, MTSS Webinars, MTSS Office Hours, or MTSS 101 online courses that are listed within the document, please see the training details and registration information included immediately below this section.
Download: MTSS 2014-2015 Calendar of Events (PDF)
Multi-Tiered System of Supports (MTSS) Overview Training
During Fall 2014, we are offering 7 face-to-face, full-day training sessions throughout Colorado. This one-day workshop will be presented by representatives from the Office of Learning Supports. These sessions will include awareness and skill-building activities. Content will include an overview of a Multi-Tiered System of Supports, use of the problem solving process within a layered continuum, and the use of implementation science in sites' scale-up efforts. Participants are encouraged to attend in teams or with thinking partners to benefit from the interactive learning activities.
Download: Fall 2014 MTSS Overview Training Flyer (PDF)
Time: Check in for each event will begin at 8:30; training is 9:00 AM - 4:30 PM
Participants: Education stakeholders, such as: District and School Administrators, District and School Leadership Teams, Special Educators, MTSS/RtI/PBIS Coaches, and Related Services Personnel
Participants are encouraged to attend in teams or with thinking partners.
District or School Leadership (or Implementation) Teams should consider representation. For teams who are implementing MTSS, team composition should aim for balance and multiple perspectives.
Examples of team members include: Curriculum Director, Special Education Director, Title I Director, Parent Representative Co-Chair of SAC/DAC, Assessment/Accountability Director, Superintendents, Principals, Teacher Leaders, Academic, Behavior, and/or Systems Coaches, etc.
- Six hours of professional learning credit will be offered; documentation in the form of a Certificate of Participation will be provided.
- All participants are required to register using the following registration links. Click on the date to register for that individual event.
- There is no cost for registration.
- The CDE will not be providing meals/snacks/drinks.
- Additionally, there will be no travel reimbursement, and the CDE will not be providing substitute costs or stipends for attendance.
- Durango Recreation Center, Durango - Registration is closed.
- Montrose Pavilion, Montrose - Registration is closed.
- Lowry Conference Center, Denver - Registration is closed.
- Pueblo Community College, Pueblo: Tuesday, Oct. 14, 2014
- Fort Morgan Community College, Fort Morgan: Friday, Oct. 24, 2014
related to the content that is introduced in the MTSS Overview Trainings listed above.
- MTSS Tools and Implementation Webinar: Tuesday, Nov. 18, 2014, 11:30 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
- MTSS Tools and Implementation Webinar: Tuesday, Jan. 27, 2014, 11:30 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
- MTSS Tools and Implementation Webinar: Tuesday, April 21, 2014, 11:30 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
- MTSS Office Hours: Wednesday, Nov. 12, 2014, 3:30 p.m. - 4:30 p.m.
- MTSS Office Hours: Wednesday, Jan. 14, 2015, 3:30 p.m. - 4:30 p.m.
- MTSS Office Hours: Wednesday, Feb. 11, 2015, 3:30 p.m. - 4:30 p.m.
- MTSS Office Hours: Wednesday, March 11, 2015, 3:30 p.m. - 4:30 p.m.
- MTSS Office Hours: Wednesday, April 8, 2015, 3:30 p.m. - 4:30 p.m.
- MTSS Office Hours: Wednesday, May 13, 2015, 3:30 p.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Online Classes (Blackboard)
MTSS 101: An Introduction to a Multi-Tiered System of Supports
If you are interested in learning more about MTSS, you might want to participate in this introductory course. You will have time to engage with materials available on the CDE MTSS website, and you will have an opportunity to dialogue with course instructors (who are consultants in the Office of Learning Supports).
Instructors: Bev Harris and Kim Watchorn
Please see this sample syllabus for information about the course.
A. Progress Monitoring for Behavior
B. Introduction to Functional Behavioral Assessment and Behavior Intervention Planning
Instructor: Jessica Daily
Please see additional course information on the PBIS web page to register for either of these two courses.
Note: If you choose to use materials created by the Office of Learning Supports, please follow the expectations outlined in our Guidelines for Use.