Within Colorado, there are six Essential Components in the Multi-Tiered System of Supports framework:
- Shared Leadership
- Data-Based Problem Solving and Decision Making
- Layered Continuum of Supports
- Evidence Based Instruction, Intervention, and Assessment Practices
- Universal Screening and Progress Monitoring
- Family, School, and Community Partnering (FSCP)
These components are not sequential and not hierarchical. They are complementary, and they are not mutually-exclusive.
Definitions and Descriptions
- Essential Components Defined with Descriptors
- Notecatcher (worksheet) version of Essential Components with Descriptors document
- MTSS Common Language Terms and Definitions
View the Resources page for videos related to the Components of Shared Leadership and Family, School, and Community Partnering.
If you choose to use any of our materials, we ask that you provide relevant citation information; please see the Guidelines for Use file for additional clarification. Please note: The following statement applies to all materials from the Office of Learning Supports: The contents of this material were developed under a grant from the Department of Education. However, those contents do not necessarily represent the policy of the Department of Education, and you should not assume endorsement by the Federal Government.
*For professional learning opportunities, please visit the MTSS Support page.
For More Information
Please contact Kim Watchorn or 303-866-6262.