Within Colorado, there are six Essential Components in the Multi-Tiered System of Supports framework.
This is a list of the Components with a Practice Profile included for each component.
Additionally, you can scroll down to access files with definitions and descriptions of the Components.
- Shared Leadership
- Data-Based Problem Solving and Decision Making
- Layered Continuum of Supports
- Evidence Based Instruction, Intervention, and Assessment Practices
- Universal Screening and Progress Monitoring
- Family, School, and Community Partnering (FSCP)
These components are not sequential and not hierarchical. They are complementary, and they are not mutually-exclusive.
Definitions and Descriptions
- Essential Components Defined with Descriptors
- Notecatcher (worksheet) version of Essential Components with Descriptors document
- MTSS Common Language Terms and Definitions
View the Resources page for videos related to each of the Essential Components.
If you choose to use any of our materials, we ask that you provide relevant citation information; please see the Guidelines for Use file for additional clarification. Please note: The following statement applies to all materials from the Office of Learning Supports: The contents of this material were developed under a grant from the Department of Education. However, those contents do not necessarily represent the policy of the Department of Education, and you should not assume endorsement by the Federal Government.
*For professional learning opportunities, please visit the MTSS Support page.
For More Information
Email: Kim Watchorn