The School Health Professional Grant (SHPG) program is designed to provide funds to eligible education providers to enhance the presence of school health professionals in their secondary schools. School Health Professionals are defined as School Nurses, School Psychologists, School Social Workers and School Counselors.
This grant program intends to:
- Increase the presence of school health professionals in secondary schools to provide substance abuse and mental/behavioral health care to students who have substance abuse or other mental/behavioral health needs
- Implement substance abuse prevention education and provide evidence based resources to school staff, students and families
- Reduce barriers for enrolled secondary students, who are at risk for substance abuse, to access services provided by community-based organizations for treatment and counseling.
NEW RPF Information for 2017-2020
Resources for School Health Professionals
- Marijuana in Colorado
- Colorado’s Good to Know Campaign
- "Askable Adults" - Tools to Help Adults be Informed
- Order Marijuana Resource Materials
- SAMHSA’s National Registry of Evidence-based Programs and Practices (NREPP - leaving CDE website)
The State Board of Education adopted Rules for the Administration of the School Health Professional Grant Program (CCR 301-97) (pdf)
For more information, please contact:
Health and Wellness