The "Colorado Comprehensive Health Education Act of 1990" encourages every school district to provide a pre K-12th grade planned, sequential health education program. Parental and community involvement in the program is stressed. Parents and guardians have the right to exempt from any or all of the health education program. Local health advisory councils are encouraged and should be representative of the norms and values of the community.
- 2016-2017 Comprehensive Health Education – Request for Proposal - DUE April 29, 2016 by midnight
- 2016-17 Comprehensive Health Education Budget Template
- 2016-17 Webinar Application Registration - March 31, 2016 - 2:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. (Webinar will be archived for future reference)
- 2016-17 Comprehensive Health recorded webinar
The State Board of Education adopted Comprehensive Health Education and Physical Education Standards in December, 2009.
- Colorado’s Comprehensive Health Education and Physical Education Standards
- Frequently asked questions about standards implementation (PDF)
- Revised Standards and Assessment Development Overview (PDF)
Past Years Funding Highlights
- Comprehensive Health Education Grant Highlights 2011-2012 (DOC)
- Barriers to Comprehensive Health Education 2011-2012 (DOC)
- Funded by Comprehensive Health Education in 2012-2013 (DOC)
For more information, please contact:
Phyllis Reed, Office of Health & Wellness at 720.498.2059