Colorado's State Advisory Committee for Gifted and Talented Education
The GE-SAC meets 4-5 times per year, typically from 9 am - 3 pm, at a central Front Range location. Subcommittees of the SAC may hold additional meetings. Members are reimbursed for travel costs.
Members of the GE-SAC are appointed by the SBE and must:
- reside in a Colorado congressional district;
- fill a representative role on the GE-SAC as a parent, educator from K-12 or higher education, school or district administrator, education official, businessperson or community representative, or student;
- possess a strong interest in the education of gifted and talented students;
- have a background of involvement in or understanding of education of gifted and talented students;
- be willing and able to serve a three-year term; and
- attend and participate in GE-SAC committee meetings.
The SBE appoints members to the GE-SAC on an annual basis for terms beginning in the fall of that year. The SBE strives for gender and ethnic balance for the GE-SAC.
For more information please contact a member in your congressional district.
State Advisory Committee Report to the State Board of Education
- Coming Soon!
2012-2013 School Year Quarterly Meeting Dates
- September 27, 2012
- December 13, 2012
- March 7, 2013
- May 16, 2013
State Advisory Committee Minutes
2012-2013 School Year:
2011-2012 School Year:
- September 2011 (PDF)
- December 2011
- February 2012
- May 2012
Those interested in being considered for appointment to the SAC should submit a brief biography to:
Director of Gifted Education
Colorado Department of Education
Gifted Education Unit
1560 Broadway, Suite 1175
Denver, CO 80202
Telephone: (303) 866-6652