The Office of Culturally and Linguistically Diverse Education provides support to Colorado school districts, schools, and educational leaders in the academic, linguistic, and social-emotional challenges and opportunities of culturally and linguistically diverse students to ensure equitable access to grade level standards and ensure a well-rounded education.
Title VII- Indian, Native Hawaiian, and Alaska Native Education
The Office of Indian Education (OIE), located in the Office of the Under Secretary (OUS), was created in 1972 under the Indian Education Act. The No Child Left Behind Act of 2001 amends the Indian education programs in OIE as Title VII, Part A of Elementary and Secondary Education Act. The Federal legislation focuses on the education of American Indians, Alaska Natives and Native Hawaiians for preschool to graduate school.
Title VII is designed to ensure that American Indian, Native Hawaiian and Alaska Native students meet challenging state academic content and student academic achievement standards, as well as meet the unique culturally related needs.
See the complete text of the NCLB statute.
- Indian Education Formula Grant Community
- Formula Grant Electronic Application System for Indian Education (EASIE) Part I Webinar
- Sample Parent Letter
- 506 Student Eligibility Certification Form
- Formula Grant Electronic Application System for Indian Education (EASIE) Part II Webinar
- EASIE Part II Powerpoint
- EASIE FAQs
Annual Performance Report (APR)
- Bureau of Indian Affairs
- Bureau of Indian Affairs Office of Indian Education Programs
- National Congress of American Indians (NCAI)
- Office of Indian Education
- National Indian Education Association
- Journal of American Indian Education
- Equity Tool Kit
- Strengthening Parent Involvement Toolkit
- EL Guidebook on Designing, Delivering and Evaluating Services for English Learners
- National Clearinghouse for English Language Acquisition
- American Indian College Fund
- American Indian Higher Education Consortium (AIHEC)
- Scholarship Guide for Native American Students
For Additional Information Contact:
Title VII Coordinator