You are here
2019 Equity and Excellence Conference
Strengthening Opportunities for Historically Underserved Students: Effective Programs and Practices
The Federal Programs and Exceptional Student Services Units, in collaboration with the Office of Turnaround at the Colorado Department of Education will be hosting the fourth annual Equity & Excellence Conference on October 24-25 at the DoubleTree Hotel in Denver, Colorado. The theme of this year’s conference is strengthening historically underserved students’ opportunities through effective programs and practices. The goal of the conference is to provide district and school leaders the opportunity to deeply explore and learn about evidence-based practices in a collaborative setting, and walk away inspired to advance equity.
CDE encourages districts to assemble teams that represent LEA and school levels, and involve staff who manage or implement ESEA and IDEA initiatives. Teams should be no more than 4 people.
Who: District teams, including LEA and School Building Leaders, Federal Programs Directors, Special Education Directors
What: Opportunity for educators to learn, collaborate and grow
When: October 24th & 25th, 2019
Where: DoubleTree by Hilton, 3203 Quebec St. Denver, CO 80207
- Strong Foundations: Setting the Groundwork for Success
- All Means All: Supporting Diverse Student Groups through Instruction and Non-Academic Supports
- Creating the Launch Pad to Postsecondary and Career Opportunities
We are excited to announce that the following Colorado Department of Education leaders will speak to CDE's goals regarding equity and excellence, progress across Colorado, and opportunities going forward:
- Katy Anthes, Commissioner, Colorado Department of Education (CDE)
- Melissa Colsman, Associate Commissioner, Student Learning Division, CDE
- Floyd Cobb, Executive Director, Office of Teaching and Learning, CDE
Stay tuned for more speaker announcements soon!
- Registration will open Monday, August 5th, 2019
- More information to come!