You are here
Academy District 20
These eight courses are designed to provide educators with the knowledge and skills needed to successfully meet the needs of the ESL students and families that they support.
1. Understanding CLD Populations in ASD20 and Beyond
2. Utilizing Assessments to Support CLD Student Growth
3. Effective Instructional Strategies to Assist in English Language and Content Development
4. Second Language Acquisition Theories and Cultural Factors that Impact Language Development and Equitable Access
5. Literacy Development and Foundational Principles for CLD Students
6. Effective Literacy Instruction for CLD Students
7. Academic Language Development - Theory and Instructional Practice
8. Effective Assessment Practices for CLD Students
Limited availability to other educators
Free for district employees.
Out-of-district staff will be able to enroll during Summer Institute
for a fee.
Required for Completion
Participants must complete all 8 courses to receive a certificate of completion.