You are here
ASPIRE to Teach
ASPIRE to Teach
1. One-on-One Support: Candidates work directly with one Alternative Licensure Instructor (ALI) throughout the program, including monthly personalized check-ins. The ALI is literally your “ally” throughout the program, serving as a coach, mentor and trusted partner in your development as a teacher.
2. Video Coaching: Candidates receive real-time, 1:1 coaching and mentoring. The video coaching cycle consists of 2-4 videos per month with the candidate recording her/himself teaching a class, selecting a critical section in the video to reflect on and receiving coaching support from your ALI.
3. Online Curriculum: The online non-graded learning program is customized to match your experience and needs in the classroom. Each activity is linked directly to practice, focused on developing teacher effectiveness in the classroom and is reviewed by your ALI, who provides written formative feedback. Candidates can expect to dedicate approximately 15 hours per month on program curriculum.
4. Professional Learning Community: Candidates belong to a Professional Learning Community (PLC) that supports their continued development as an educator. PLCs occur in person (if teaching in the Denver Metro area) or through real-time Zoom video conference. Candidates should expect to set aside two hours per month for the PLC meeting. NOTE: Special education candidates have two PLCs per month.
Alternative Teacher Licensure
1380 Lawrence Street, Suite 600, Denver, CO 80202
Contact: Jennifer Fox, ASPIRE@ucdenver.edu
Visit Program Website: ASPIRE to Teach
- Agriculture & Renewable Natural Resources (7-12)
- Business/Marketing (7-12)
- Computer Science (K-12)
- Dance (K-12)
- Drama Theater Arts (K-12)
- Early Childhood Education (ages 0-8)
- Elementary Education (K-6)
- English Language Arts (7-12)
- Family and Consumer Sciences (7-12)
- Health (K-12)
- Mathematics (7-12)
- Middle School Mathematics (6-8)
- Music (K-12)
- Physical Education (K-12)
- Science (7-12)
- Social Studies (7-12)
- Special Education Generalist (ages 5-21)
- Technology Education (7-12)
- Visual Arts (K-12)
- World Languages (K-12)