Type of Provider: BOCES
PO Box 98032 Colorado Ave.
La Junta, CO 81050
Program Description: This training will provide an in-depth discussion and analysis of both the art of principal and teacher evaluation and the technical and managerial aspects of the requirements identified in the SB 10-191 legislation. Since December of 2012 the Santa Fe BOCES has utilized Race to the Top and Colorado Education Initiative funds to provide training and support to the six SFTBOCES school districts. These districts are now implementing the evaluation process w ith the intended fidelity.
The training will include:
- Effective evaluator practices and methods
- Use of student performance and assessment data
- Data collection and management for evaluation and student performance
- Developing common language and identifying specific teacher/principal/student behaviors w hich corresponded to the various elements included in the rubrics associated w ith the state model evaluation system
- Developing and implementing the measures of student performance tools w ith both principals and teachers
- Understanding teaching and learning styles
- Coaching conversations for providing effective feedback
- Creating and providing effective w ritten feedback
- Building relationships and understanding w ith staff and students
- When and how to utilize various observation techniques and strategies
The SFTBOCES w ill also provide training for Peer Coaches to increase leadership capacity in each and every district. These coaches will eventually provide continued support to teachers at the building level to improve instructional techniques and strategies, analyze assessment data to identify trends and areas of both acceleration and deficiency, and provide on-going support to the principals in the evaluation process.