Region: None specified
Type of Provider: Consultant
Our Principal Evaluator training model is designed for evaluators of principals – superintendents, assistant superintendents, directors, etc., as well as their designees. The trainings will be offered for a specific district as well as for participants from across multiple districts and BOCES. The 2 ½ day seminar offers a comprehensive and sustainable principal evaluator training model,using a unique rubric, to develop and deepen the knowledge and skills needed to become a reliable principal evaluator. The training, jointly developed by Pearson and the national non-profit, New Leaders is designed to ensure a consistent process for the collection and analysis of observational data aligned to prescribed leadership standards and will result in consistent, accurate, valid assessments of principal practice.
The 2 ½ day seminar can be customized to use the state’s or your district’s current principal evaluation system and rubric. The training includes the following key features:
- Analysis of Principal Performance Within Pre-Rated Case Studies.This isa review and analysis of collections of evidence that represent a case studyof a principal’s practice(direct observation notes, videos of administrators deliveringprofessionaldevelopment and feedback to teachers following observations,school data, action plans, and additional artifacts that reflect aspects of administrator practice).
- Inter-RaterReliabilityTraining(IRR).Evaluators participate in practice scoringand calibration of case studies againstthe rubric. After eachcase study individuals rate principal performance and then through the calibration discussion, develop a common language and shared expectations for evaluating principal performance.
Objectives of the training include:
- Discuss shifts from present practice for both administrators and for evaluators
- Develop and deepen knowledge and skills to become a reliable principal evaluator
- Learn coaching and feedback skills and strategies for the continuous development of principal practice
- Understand rubric-based performance expectations
- Learn how to connect the evidence to patterns of teaching and learning, how leadership actions are connected to these outcomes, and ways in which leadership practice can be used to improve educator effectiveness
- Discuss the purpose of actionable feedback that is formative and summative
- Communicate the findings and outcomes of evaluations with principals/assistant principals in constructive and supportive ways