- Metro Area
- North Central
- Pikes Peak
- West Central
Type of Provider: Individual Consultant
29889 Gale Road
Pueblo, CO 81006
Program Description: This 4-day seminar series is for participants w ho are fulfilling the administrative licensure requirement, practicing administrators desiring to update their understanding of evaluation of educator effectiveness, and educators w ithout an administrative license who may be identified as "designees" under S.B. 191. Participants will learn about effective staff and teacher evaluation methods in the context of standards-based practice to include:
- A variety of evaluator skills and procedures w ith emphasis on those that w ill be critical to
- implementing Colorado’s new educator effectiveness law (S.B. 191).
- The relationship betw een supervisor and evaluation, quality instruction, school improvement, and student academic growth.
- How to use the rubric as part of an overall quality school improvement process system, including data collection, observation, conferencing, and managing the system efficiently.
- How to collect a solid body of evidence and artifacts from multiple sources beyond observation.
- How to identify which standards and elements should be the focus of a specific teacher’s evaluation in order to offer insights into performance improvement and develop a personalized professional learning plan.
- Identify key factors to consider in evaluation report w riting and other written communication associated with supervision and evaluation.
- An overview of the legal requirements specified in CDE’s rules and regulations.
- The use of CDE’s evaluation tools, including goal setting, the self-assessment, and the measuresof student learning.
Instructor Information: Kelly Stupnik, M.A., M.Ed., has 11 years of public education experience serving as a general education teacher, a Special Education teacher, and currently as a member of the Division of Learning Services, administrator and evaluator of the district Specialized Service Professionals, and Exceptional Student Services Specialist.