- Metro Area
- North Central
- Pikes Peak
- West Central
Type of Provider: Individual Consultant
10 Kingsport Ct.
Pueblo, CO 81005
Program Description: This four day seminar series is for educators w ho are fulfilling their administrative licensure requirement, current administrators desiring to update their understanding of evaluation in regards to educator effectiveness, and educators w ithout an administrative license who may be identified as "designees" under the Colorado Model Evaluation System and S.B. 191.
In the training participants will:
- Receive training in the art and science of evaluation as it relates to the Colorado Model Evaluation System and educator effectiveness.
- Learn and practice a variety of evaluation skills and procedures w ith a focus on critical components of Colorado's new educator effectiveness law.
- Learn to use a systematic approach in creating an quality school improvement process using the evaluation rubric, data collection, observation, conferencing, with staff, and follow up in managing these processes.
- Understand the relationship between supervision and evaluation as it relates to school improvement, quality instruction in classrooms, and student achievement and academic growth.
- Learn and understand the use of CDEs evaluation tools, including goal setting, self assessment, and the measures of student learning.
- How to improve dialogues with staff relating observation and effective feedback.
- How to build an effective body of evidence in relation to the process of evaluation.
- Learn how to choose the focus standards and elements to create a professional improvement plan individualized for all teachers.
- Understand an overview of the legal requirements associated with CDE's rules and regulations surrounding educator effectiveness.
Instructor: Julie A Shue, M.A. Curriculum & Instruction, Magnet School Regional Principal of the Year. Julie has over 20 years of public education experience, Awarded the Governor’s Award for Teaching Excellence, serves as the founding principal of an International Baccalaureate IB school grades 4-8 that has received the John Irwin designation and is a Colorado School to Watch.