- Metro Area
- North Central
- Pikes Peak
- West Central
Type of Provider: Institution of Higher Education
Campus Box 106
P.O. Box 173364
Denver, CO 80217-3364
Program Description: The Center for Continuing and Professional Education (CPE) within the School of Education and Human Development at the University of Colorado Denver offers all educators (principals/assistant principals, teachers, and specialized service providers) professional learning and instructional coaching support through our online professional development modules and individualized coaching plans. Our goals are to:
• Promote a better understanding of educator effectiveness, best practices in supervision and evaluation.
• Provide professional growth support around the Colorado Teacher Quality Standards and the Principal Quality Standards.
CPE also provides face-to-face and distance learning options for evaluation and feedback coaching w ithin our Educator Effectiveness series. By completing CPE’s Supporting Educator Effectiveness modules’ required performance-based assessment activities, participants will:
• Understand the statutory requirements of educator evaluation systems
• Promote best practices in culturally responsive teaching and instruction
• Review CDE Educator Effectiveness resources and tools
• Unpack the State Model Evaluation System, which includes:
o the evaluation cycle
o components of the rubric, and
o how to score the rubric
• Learn how to collect evaluation data, provide evaluation evidence, and analyze data
o Set targets and goals on Measures of Student Learning/Outcomes
o Determine assessments and w eights for Measures of Student Learning/Outcomes
o Inter-rater agreement (Elevate Colorado)
• Understand how to observe for professional practices.
• Provide effective feedback techniques within coaching and evaluation cycles
• Explore strategies for difficult and priority improvement conversations based on teaching styles
• Foster clear evaluation communication skills for written formative reviews, summative reports, and professional improvement plans.