Type of Provider: Consultant
5445 Castilian Villas Point
Colorado Springs, CO 80917
Program Description: This four-day workshop series is for participants who are fulfilling the administrative licensure requirement, practicing administrators desiring to update their understanding of evaluation of educator effectiveness, and educators without an administrative license who may be identified as “designees” under Senate Bill 10-191. Participants will learn about effective teacher evaluation methods in the context of a standards-based instructional system:
• Learn and practice a variety of evaluator skills and procedures with emphasis on those that are critical to implementing Colorado’s new educator effectiveness law.
• Understand the relationship betw een supervision and evaluation, quality instruction, school improvement, and student academic growth.
• Learn how to use the evaluation rubric as part of an overall quality school improvement system, including data collection, observation, conferencing, and managing the system efficiently.
• Improve observation and conferencing skills, including skills for providing effective feedback.
• Learn how to identify which standards and elements should be the focus of a teacher’s evaluation to help them improve their professional practice and develop a personalized professional learning plan.
• Understand methods of collecting a solid body of evidence and artifacts in addition to the observation to support an evaluation.
• Identify key factors in writing quality reports and other w ritten communication as an evaluator.
• Examine an overview of the legal requirements specified in CDE’s rules and regulations.
• Understand the use of CDE’s evaluation tools, including goal setting, the self-assessment, and the Measures of Student Learning.
Lynn Kintz, has over 30 years of public and charter educational experience, including serving as an elementary principal, vice-president of student achievement for a charter organization, director of curriculum and instruction, assistant superintendent of human resources, liaison to the superintendent, principal coach and mentor and lead negotiator for district with contract negotiations.