Currently, ~50 districts/BOCES/charter schools across Colorado are participating in the Educator Effectiveness pilot of the revised teacher rubric this school year. In the 2018-19 school year, all districts using the state model will be implementing changes to the state model, including revisions to the teacher rubric and scoring changes.
To support all districts with this 2018-19 implementation, the Educator Effectiveness team will be hosting regional meetings during which you will:
- Deepen your understanding of the revised rubric and scoring;
- Get a head start on planning for the implementation of changes to the state model;
- Learn lessons from pilot districts;
- Learn about and access available resources;
- Receive a suggested timeline for implementation and communication;
- Consider ways that your regional specialist can support you with implementation, such as technical support on COPMS and MSLs, etc.; and
- Have an opportunity to network with your colleagues in other districts.
These meetings are geared toward district and BOCES leadership.
Dates and locations:
- 9 a.m. - noon, March 2, 2018, Alamosa (Adams State University, 1603 First Street)
- 9 a.m. - noon, March 5, 2018, Lamar (SE BOCES, 703 South 3rd Street)
- 9 -11 a.m., March 7, 2018, Montrose (Montrose County School District, 930 Colorado Avenue)
- 9 a.m. - noon, March 7, 2018, Pueblo West (SC BOCES, 323 S Purcell Blvd) *during SAC meeting
- 9 a.m. - noon, March 8, 2018, Frisco (Summit School District, 150 School Road)
- 1 - 4 p.m., March 8, 2018, Greeley (Centennial BOCES, 2020 Clubhouse Drive)
- 9 a.m. - noon, March 8, 2018, Limon (East Central BOCES, 820 2nd Street)
- 9 a.m. - noon, March 12, 2018, Aurora (Aurora Public Schools, 15771 East 1st Avenue)
- 9 a.m. - noon, March 21, 2018, Wray (Wray School District, 30222 CR 35)
Registration is free, but a minimum of 10 participants is required for each meeting or it may be subject to cancellation. In order for us to have an accurate count and contact information for everyone at the meeting, please sign up at least one week prior to the event. It’s important that ALL personnel attending fill out the registration. This will help us plan for materials as well.