CDE will provide several one day trainings for specialized service professionals and their evaluators. These trainings will focus on both halves of the evaluation system, professional practice and measures of student outcomes. During the trainings, participants will be provided information on the critical effects of S.B. 10-191, the evaluation process, components of the specialized service professional rubrics, instructions on how to score the rubrics and how to make determinations for the measures of student outcomes.
Each training will begin at 8:30a.m. and end at approximately 4 p.m. Breakfast and lunch will be served.
Dates and Locations:
- March 20th-Ft. Lewis College, Durango
- April 22nd-University of Northern Colorado, Greeley
- April 29th-Colorado Mesa University, Grand Junction
- May 14th-Adams State University, Alamosa
- May 21st-Cheyenne Mountain Resort, Colorado Springs
- May 22-Adams 12 Conference Center, Thornton
To register for the training:
Please click here to register for any of the above training dates. Registration is free, but capacity is limited so please sign up today.
Before the Training:
Make sure to preview information and resources that will be shared during this training, including:
- Specialized Service Professionals Fact Sheet
- Timeline for Implementation
- Nine Specialized Service Professional Rubrics
- Guidance provided to guide the selection of measures of student outcomes for your specialized service professionals
Expected Training Outcomes for Specialized Service Professionals, Evaluators and other Participants:
- Gain a clear understanding of S.B. 10-191 and how it relates to specialized service professionals
- Gain a clear understanding of the Quality Standards, elements, and professional practices contained in the specialized service professional rubrics
- Know and understand the evaluation process for specialized service professionals
- Gain a clear understanding of how the specialized service professional rubrics are applied, constructed, scored, implemented and used to conduct constructive conversations and provide meaningful feedback
- Understand how student outcomes can provide a meaningful evaluation for specialized service professionals
- Gain a clear understanding of the steps for including measures of student outcomes in specialized service professional evaluation systems