You are here
2020 COVID-19 Response - Educator Effectiveness
Key Questions and Support for 2019-2020 Evaluation Cycle
Districts and BOCES have autonomy through local control to finalize NONE, SOME, or ALL of their educators' evaluations for the 2019-2020 school year. In response to the Governor's Executive Order issued on April 1, that pauses all the legal requirements for Colorado schools based on S.B. 10-191 for licensed personnel in the 2019-2020 school year, we offer the following supports to districts and BOCES.
Specifically, the key questions and associated decision pathways are offered in support of completing the 2019-2020 evaluation cycle. Recognizing that many conversations are already underway, this information may affirm decisions already made, as well as inform decisions on the horizon. Additionally, for those who use the Colorado Performance Management System (COPMS), otherwise known as RANDA, links to corresponding implementation guides for each pathway are available below.
Our team of Regional Specialists are available to provide support in whatever form is most helpful (e.g., exploring possible options and implications, discussing next steps, as well as sharing other decisions from across the state). Please contact your Regional Specialist directly, or identify who to contact by using the state map.
- How do the decisions being made regarding educator evaluations align with the values, vision, and mission of your district/BOCES?
- What stakeholders are involved in the decision-making process? (e.g., Advisory Personnel Performance Evaluation Council (1338 Committee), admin team(s), educators, and legal counsel)
- How are you valuing the work the educators and their evaluators have done this year?
- How are you documenting the decisions related to the 2019-2020 evaluation cycle?
- How are you communicating your decisions to your educators and stakeholders?
Primary Decision for the 2019-20 Evaluation Cycle
Please use the following to inform/affirm how your district/BOCES will proceed with educator evaluations for the 2019-2020 school year. If you currently use the Colorado Performance Management System (COMPS/RANDA), the implementation guide that corresponds with your selected pathway can be found via the link below.
NOTE: This decision will ONLY include educator evaluations for the current school year (2019-2020).
Additional Support and Information
Please contact your Regional Specialist directly for assistance, or identify who to contact by using the state map.
For additional information regarding resources and responses from the Educator Talent division, visit the Educator Talent COVID-19 FAQs.