These communications tools are meant to be used by district leadership and principals when training their staff or community about educator effectiveness. All resources are able to be modified and personalized to meet individual needs. Resources will be continually added to this page so make sure to check back often.
The department will be releasing, early Feb. 2017 for the first time, a limited number of Educator Effectiveness Metrics that reflect performance evaluation ratings from the 2014-15 school year. The department will report on only four metrics for teachers and four for principals. The publicly reported metrics will only show how teachers and principals are doing as a group at the school, district and state level. Protections are in place to maintain the privacy of individual teachers and principals.
To support districts in communicating with teachers and their communities about the public release of the metrics, CDE has created the materials below. All materials can be modified and personalized to meet individual needs.
- Drop-in article for educators/parents/school community
- Fact sheets:
- Instructions on how to access local teacher and principals performance reports in SchoolView (PDF)
- Education Commissioner Anthes' letter to superintendents about the public release of the Educator Effectiveness Metrics (PDF)
Educator Effectiveness Metrics Timeline
One tool aimed at increasing the level of district-level communications and saving leadership time are the monthly “drop-in” articles. Drop-in articles are:
- Pre-written electronic updates on key topics
- Able to be used as content for newsletters, websites, presentations, etc.
- As easy as copying, pasting, and inserting the superintendent’s/principal's name
- Available in two formats – one for a principal/teacher audience and one for a community/parent audience
Drop-in articles are like giving superintendents and principals their own PR agency as a ghost writer. The updates on key initiatives are already written saving you time and ensuring you are communicating the most recent, accurate and relevant information. To access all drop-in articles, please click here.
- Teacher Quality Standards Reference Guide (PDF)
This reference guide on the Teacher Quality Standards is helpful for reflection and ongoing conversation on the aspects of great teaching.
- Principal Quality Standards (PDF)
This reference guide on the Principal/Assistant Principal Quality Standards is helpful for reflection and ongoing conversation on the aspects of school leadership.