Legislation passed in 2000 established the Colorado Early Childhood Professional Credential. The legislation created a voluntary tiered system of credentials that recognizes increased knowledge and experience for those who care for and educate our youngest children.
The early childhood field was actively involved in the creation of the credential system and has enthusiastically embraced it. In 2005, legislation moved the professional credentials from a pilot project to statewide availability. Credentials ensure that all professionals caring for and educating young children have the same core early childhood knowledge regardless of setting - family child care, child care centers, public schools.
The Credentials help create a system of education and training that promote the optimal development and education of young children. An Infant/Toddler Endorsement is also offered.
For more information, contact Sondra Ranum at 303-866-3903 or by email.
Colorado Professional Credential 2.0
- The New Early Childhood Credential Framework
- Early Childhood Professional Credential 2.0
- Early Childhood Professional Credential Side by Side : Comparing Version 1.0 with Version 2.0
If you are applying for a Credential 1.0, your materials must arrive or be postmarked by June 30th, 2015. We will only be accepting applications for the new credential after this date.
Colorado Professional Credential 1.0
- How to apply
- Basic, Advanced and Infant/Toddler Exceptional Child Assessments
- Professional Standards, Core Knowledge and Competencies: The Credentials we issue are based on these foundational elements.