- Educational Rights for Homeless Children and Youth Posters - These are available in English and Spanish to download and help LEAs comply with federal posting requirements. Posters can be ordered at NCHE at SERVE. The first 25 ordered are free!
- Ten Things YOU Can Do to Help Children in Homeless Situations Go Back to School (PDF) for back to school
- Training Examples and Documents
- Sample Policies
- For sample McKinney-Vento district policy templates, please contact Colorado Association of School Boards at www.casb.org and reference sample policy numbers: JFABD and JFADB-R.
- Sample Transportation Documents
McKinney-Vento Back to School 2016
As a new school year begins, the following resources will be helpful in serving your students experiencing homelessness.
Liaison and Back to School Information:
- Federal Brief on the Role of the Liaison and Implementation Strategies
- Determining Eligibility (document with sample questions and other insights on how to assess McKinney eligibility)
- McKinney-Vento Frequently Asked Questions
- 10 Things YOU Can Do to Help Homeless Children Go Back To School (can be distributed to increase school and community awareness)
- Common Signs of Homelessness (flyer)
- Tip Sheets for Multiple Audiences (can assist in building awareness and collaboration to support McKinney eligible students)
Additional McKinney-Vento Back to School Resources and Information:
- NCHE Back to School Webinars
- LEA Homeless Liaison Toolkit
- Title IA Homeless Set-Asides
- Higher Education Homeless Resources