The Colorado Department of Education is currently accepting new grant proposals for the Expelled and At-Risk Student Services Program. For instructions to apply, program purposes, allowable uses of funds, etc., refer to the Request for Proposal and related items posted below. Funding will be available for four-year grants based on annual appropriations for the following three years. Awarded grantees will submit continuation applications and budgets each year.
After viewing the documents use the back arrows to return to the website.
Application to Review EARSS Grant Proposals:
Peer reviewers are being sought for reviewing and scoring proposals. The team review day is scheduled for Tuesday, July 24, 2018 in the Denver metro area. If interested, read the Recruitment Notice to find details regarding qualifications, time commitment, to disclose conflicts of interest, and to find a link for completing an application survey.
Application forms to complete and submit:
- Attachment F: Letter of Intent - Due Thursday, May 31, 2018 by 11:59pm (and on an on-going basis as the RFP becomes known after this deadline).
Request for Proposal - Electronic Submission Must be Submitted by Friday, July 6, 2018 no later than 11:59pm.
- Request for Proposal (RFP) PDF format
- Request for Proposal (RFP) Word format.
- Budget (Excel)
- Sample Budget Worksheet (PDF) This sample provides a level of detail to justify proposed expenditures.--Coming soon
Additional materials referenced in the proposal:
Attachments referenced in the RFP are offered here as separate files so applicants can more quickly access information and can more easily share specific information with others.
- Attachment A: Definition and Terms (PDF)
- Attachment B: Applicants Funded in the Previous Three Years (PDF)
- Attachment C: Interagency Agreements
- Attachment D: Most Effective Strategies (PDF) - EARSS program evaluations have identified these activities and strategies as most effective in contributing toward meeting grantees’ performance goals
- Attachment E: Final Performance Report (PDF) - Evaluation questions and data collected
- Attachment G: SMART Goals Framework
- Colorado Revised Statute: Excerpt on school district policy requirements for serving expelled and at-risk students
- Colorado Revised Statute: Compulsory School Attendance Law Title 22.33 Part 1 (PDF)
A live webinar was offered on May 21, 2018 from 11:30 a.m.-12:30 pm.