Dropout Prevention and Student Re-Engagement is dedicated to strengthening, coordinating and aligning resources to reduce the Colorado dropout rate and ensure graduation and school completion and will advance efforts across the state to support planning and implementation of effective practices at the local level. The Dropout Prevention and Student Re-Engagement Unit includes six programs and initiatives and in 2014-15 represents over $28.8 million in funding to support communities, local education agencies, and schools.
Latest News and Updates
Materials from The Summit Available!
This summit will advance best practices and strategies to support and sustain the ABC's -Attendance, Behavior, and Course Completion. Highlights: Colorado Graduation Pathways project, alternative education, student re-engagement and sustaining positive change.
Colorado graduation rate remains steady
The dropout rate shows a slight rise in number of students dropping out. Data released Thursday, Jan. 21, 2016 by CDE shows the state saw a small increase in the dropout rate from 2.4 percent to 2.5 percent in the 2014-2015 school year.
- Interactive map and graduation data
- Newly Released - 2015 Annual Dropout Prevention and Student Engagement Report
Resources and Tools for Graduation and Dropout Rates
School Emergency Management
This 6-week course is designed to help schools and school districts in developing partnerships with community organizations. The intent is to support educational goals and improvement planning at the local level.
Now you can receive 2 graduate credits from Adams State! Register here.
School Attendance Resources
- New - Every Student, Every Day: A Community Toolkit to Address and Eliminate Chronic Absenteeism, issued by US State Departments of Justice, Health and Human Services, Housing and Urban Development and Education
- Practices Assessment (PDF)
- Attendance Works Toolkit (PDF)
- Attendance Webinar and Mini guide
- 2015 Attendance Awareness Flyer (PDF)
Join the Colorado Re-Engagement Network!
The purpose of the Colorado Re-engagement Network (CRN) is to streamline the coordination of regional and statewide student re-engagement efforts in order to better serve students throughout the state of Colorado. View flyer (PDF).
To join, please visit Youth For A Change.