The Statewide Standard Course Code system is used to load a single file containing course code mappings. A mapping shows the relationship between the Local Education Agency's local course code to a statewide standard course code. The Colorado Department of education uses the SCED version 3.0 codes for the statewide standard course codes. The course code mappings are required as part of the Teacher Student Data Link collection.
For the 2015-2016 school year the Colorado Department of Education will continue to support SCED 2011, SCED version 2.0, and SCED version 3.0. In the 2016-2017 year the SCED codes which were removed as part of the evolution to SCED version 2.0 and SCED version 3.0 will be inactivated. Local Education Agencies will be required to update any mappings containing deprecated SCED codes.
- Statewide Standard Course Code Schedule (PDF) (updated 3/2/2016)
File Layout and Definitions
- Statewide Standard Course Code File Layout (PDF) (updated 2/10/2016)
- Template for uploading a file to the SSCC system - This link opens an Excel spreadsheet that districts can use to fill out and then upload into the SSCC system. Please remember to remove the header of the spreadsheet before uploading to the SSCC system.
- SSCC Overview - This video provides and explanation of SCED codes and why they are needed.
- SSCC Quick Start Guide (DOC) - This document is a Quick Start Guide that will walk you through accessing the system.
- SSCC Login - This video provides an overview of the SSCC system and solutions to some common login problems.
- Uploading a file to the SSCC system - This tutorial provides a demonstration on how to use the Upload Feature of the SSCC system.
- Local Course Codes - This tutorial provides a demonstration on how to use the Local Courses Pages of the SSCC.
- SSCC Dashboard - This tutorial demonstrates how to use the Dashboard Page of the SSCC system.
- Steps to replicate course code mappings 2015-16 (DOCX) (Updated: 12/29/2015)
- Steps to replicate course code mappings 2014-15 (DOCX)
- Steps to export courses and make changes (DOCX)
- 2014-15 Webinar Power Point (PPTX)
- School Courses for the Exchange of Data (SCED)
- SCED Version 3 file
- SCED Version 2 file (please note both SCED 2011 files below were combined into a single set of codes. Prior-to-Secondary codes were removed)
- Prior-to-Secondary School Course Classification System: SCED (2011) (1st version)
- Secondary School Course Classification System: SCED (2011) (1st version)
- Colorado Specific Additions - PDF, EXCEL
Contact: Kevin Smith at Smith_Kevin@cde.state.co.us