You are here
The School Discipline collection contains school level information for (1) the counts of students disciplined based on the type of incident (behavior of the student) and the demographics of the student and the numbers of incidents and (2) the counts of students that brought or possessed a firearm and the action taken for those incidents for each school. The data from the School Discipline collection is used to populate discipline information in the School View application.
Beginning in the 2019-2020 school year, the attendance data was split into a separate snapshot collection. The attendance data is now collected as part of the Attendance Snapshot.
The School Discipline Collection opens April 27, 2022.
- 2022-2023 School Discipline Timeline (PDF) (posted 3/16/2023)
File Layout and Definitions
- 2022-2023 School Discipline File Layout and Definitions (PDF) (posted 3/31/2022)
- 2022-2023 Discipline by Action File Business Rules (PDF) (posted 3/31/2023)
- 2022-2023 Discipline by Student Demographics File Business Rules (PDF) (posted 3/31/2023)
- 2022-2023 Firearm (GFSA) Data File Business Rules (PDF) (posted 3/31/2023)
- Discipline by Action Template (XLS) (posted 4/6/2022)
- Discipline by Student Demographics Template (XLS) (posted 4/6/2022)
- Firearm File Template (XLS) (posted 4/6/2022)
- 2022-2023 School Discipline Training (PPTX) Webinar Recording (posted 5/4/2023)
- 2021-2022 School Discipline Training (PPTX) Webinar Recording (posted 1/4/2022)
- Behavior Reporting Guidance Slides (PPTX) (posted 2/26/2020)
- Cognos Reports Slides (PPTX) (updated 7/7/2020)
- Process Guide (PDF) (posted 4/27/2020)
- Sexual Misconduct Reporting Guide (DOC) (posted 1/30/2019)
- SDA Business Rule Additional Guidance (updated 5/20/2019)
- SDA Frequently Asked Questions (PDF) (updated 4/27/2020)
- Behavior Statutes and Clarifications (updated 05/22/2023)
- Guide for Determining Most Serious Incidents (updated 6/6/2022)