You are here
P-EBT Data Collection
The P-EBT program was created as part of the U.S. government response to the COVID-19 epidemic. P-EBT benefits are intended for school-aged children who would have received a free or reduced-price school meal during the time that schools were closed during the 2019-20 school year, 2020-21 school year, and the summer months of 2021. P-EBT provides a cash-like benefit that will be issued to a P-EBT card or an existing EBT card. Existing EBT cards will automatically receive the additional P-EBT benefits and new P-EBT cards will be mailed directly to eligible students.
Student level data is needed in order to assess eligibility for P-EBT and also to obtain household information. This data collection will follow the typical process of new Data Pipeline collections. More information will be shared at regular town halls. This collection is a periodic data collection. More specific information will also be provided at upcoming training opportunities.
The USDA has extended the P-EBT program to continue through the school year 2021-22 as well as summer 2022 P-EBT. As of January 26th, 2022 the USDA has approved Colorado's plan for the 2021-2022 school year.
You can view the USDA's recent guideline here: Pandemic EBT - State Plans for 2021-2022
School Year 2021-2022 Spring Data Collection - Collection will be open May 9 - June 17, 2022.
File Layout and Definitions
- 2021-2022 P-EBT Data Collection File Layout and Definitions (PDF) (posted 5/25/2022)
- 2021-2022 P-EBT Business Rules (PDF) (updated 5/25/2022)
- March 30, 2022 P-EBT Training Recording
- Also, please attend town halls every Thursday from 9 a.m. to 10 a.m. at:
Microsoft Teams Meeting
Join on your computer or mobile app
Or call in (audio only)
+1 929-341-4269,,615314665# United States, New York City
Phone Conference ID: 615 314 665#
- P-BET Data Collection Office Hours Sign-Ups
- P-EBT Data Collection FAQs (PDF)
- P-EBT Data Pipeline Instructions (PDF)
- P-EBT Data Collection Template (XLSX) (updated 5/25/2022)
- P-EBT Eligibility Flowchart (PDF)
For more information on P-EBT, see the CDE School Meal Eligibility webpage.
For questions contact: email@example.com