You are here
ECARE Slots and the October Count
Early Childhood At-Risk Enhancement (ECARE)
The General Assembly authorized expansions of the Colorado Preschool Program effective for 2014-2015, 2013-2014, and 2018-2019 school years.
- The expansions include a total of 9,200 child positions funded at .5 FTE
- ECARE positions have added flexibility for use as half- or full-day preschool and districts can change this from year to year.
In the October Count, an ECARE position may not be used:
- To fund children with no documented significant family risk factors. Just like CPP positions, three-year-olds must have three risk factors and four-year-olds must have one.
- To fund a second year of preschool for children served with CPP funds as four-year-olds.
- To serve kindergarten age eligible children in preschool.
There is no statewide cap on the percentage of the 9,200 ECARE positions that may be used for full-day preschool opportunities for eligible children.
- NOTE: The 5% statewide cap still applies to the existing 20,160 CPP positions. Districts with existing CPP allocations will still be provided an opportunities to apply to use two .5 CPP FTE positions in order to create a full-day opportunity for eligible preschoolers.
- Back: October Count Guidelines
- Full-Day Preschool
- Duplicate Counts
- Alternate Early Childhood Count
- What Records Must Be Kept for October Count
If you have any questions about the October or November count please contact Liz Schroeder at 303-866-6783 or Schroeder_E@cde.state.co.us