You are here
Funding and the October Count - Full-day Preschool Flexibility
The Legislature allows school districts to apply to CDE for authorization to serve a single child in preschool using two positions to fund a full-day program. Under no circumstances will a school district be allowed to exceed their preschool allocation.
- The statute specifies that only 5% of the children that CPP is authorized to serve in preschool may be funded in this way (1,008 children state-wide). This limitation does not apply to ECARE positions.
- If a school district determines that a child has a significant need for full-day services and there is no other funding available (Child Care Assistance Program, tuition, private grants or scholarships, etc.), that district may apply to CDE for the flexibility to serve a child/children in a full-day program.
- Each child that is approved to be served in a full-day preschool program will use two CPP preschool positions out of the school district’s total preschool allocation.
- Approval for full-day slot allocation is required through CDE.
Preschool Students with a Disability
- If a child is placed on an individual education plan (IEP) on or before the pupil enrollment count date AND is eligible for CPP, districts may combine the half-day PPR and the single CPP position to create a full day of preschool services for that student.
- IEP must allow for at least 90 hours of teacher-pupil instruction and teacher-pupil contact time. With the addition of the single CPP position, the student will receive 180 hours of teacher-pupil contact and instruction.
- October Count Guidelines
- Duplicate Counts
- Alternate Early Childhood Count
- ECARE and the October Count
- What Records Must Be Kept for October Count
If you have any questions about the October or November count please contact Tanna George, 303-866-6803, or George_T@cde.state.co.us