|Important Dates to Remember:|
CPP Funding and the October Count: Guidelines
- The state legislature authorizes the Colorado Preschool Program as part of the School Finance Act.
- CPP funds are calculated and distributed according to the School Finance Formula.
- Funding is provided at 0.5 FTE for each child.
Projected PPR is located here: http://www.cde.state.co.us/cdefinance/SchoolFinanceFundingFY2014-15.htm
- School districts should use the November Early Childhood Alternate Count Date.
- Children not eligible to be counted during the count period are not funded.
Total funding to a district is calculated by multiplying the total CPP FTE included in the count by the school district’s per pupil revenue (PPR).
- Per pupil funding to school districts varies across the state. The variances in funding are based on the school finance formula which recognizes
- costs of living
- personnel costs
- size factors
- CPP funding is provided to school districts as part of the K-12 funding. The FTE for CPP students is calculated into the total FTE and funding for the district.
- Law prohibits children receiving state per pupil revenue through both the Colorado Preschool Program and early childhood special education.
- Different funding and age codes apply to the early childhood count. Please reference the Guide.
- Serving One Child with Two “Slots”
- Duplicate Counts
- November 3 as an Alternate Early Childhood Count
- ECARE and the October Count
- What Records Must Be Kept for October Count
If you have any questions about the October or November count please contact Laura Greenfield at 303-866-6783 or Greenfield_L@cde.state.co.us