Every year, CPP-affiliated districts submit an annual report and their intent to continue for next year’s funds. This report is issued by the Colorado Department of Education Office of Early Learning & School Readiness. Funding for the Colorado Preschool Program is generated through the School Finance Act as approved by the Colorado General Assembly.
Please Note: The Colorado Preschool Program is not a grant-funded program. Funding will come to the school district as general fund money based on the October 1 or early childhood November 1 alternate student count.
All districts that wish to continue to participate in CPP must complete the application and annual report. Funds for any CPP slots are subject to amendments to the school finance bill.
If no changes are made to Colorado Preschool Program funding, the approved number of slots currently allocated to each district will remain the same. If there are any changes to CPP allocations, we will notify you as soon as possible.
- The due date is Friday, April 17, 2015
- The entire report may be submitted electronically.
- CPP Coordinators and District Advisory Council members should review last year’s report and compile updated information.
- Let your regional support specialist know if you have questions.
- Recording of the February 24 webinar
- Webinar PowerPoint Slides
- 2015 CPP Annual Report Guidance Document