- Thursday, October 1, 2015: Official Pupil Count Date
- Monday, November 2, 2015: Alternate Early Childhood Count Date for 2015
- Tuesday, November 10, 2015: Final date for all school districts to submit and approve their P-12 student files
Did you know? Any child who receives CPP funding is considered a school district student, even if they are served through a community provider.
CPP Funding and the October Count: Guidelines
- The state legislature authorizes the Colorado Preschool Program as part of the School Finance Act.
- CPP funds are calculated and distributed according to the School Finance Formula.
- Funding is provided at 0.5 FTE for each child.
- Children not eligible to be counted during the count period are not funded.
- Projected PPR is located here: http://www.cde.state.co.us/cdefinance/publicschoolfinanceactof1994-fy2015-16
- Total funding to a district is calculated by multiplying the total CPP FTE included in the count by the school district’s per pupil revenue (PPR).
- A child who qualifies under IDEA as a child with a disability and thus elibigle for a half day of preschool general education may be funded for an additional half day of programming if they meet the eligiblity criteria of CPP. Click here to read CDE's guidance memo.
- Serving One Child with Two “Slots”
- Duplicate Counts
- November 2 as an Alternate Early Childhood Count
- ECARE and the October Count
- What Records Must Be Kept for October Count
If you have any questions about the October or November count please contact Cathrine Floyd at 303-866-6602 or firstname.lastname@example.org.