CPP Online Handbook: Comprehensive Plan
Family Support Services
Preschool can be a portal to additional support services for families that contribute to the health and wellbeing of their children.
To document how your program addresses this area, you may consider including in your comprehensive plan:
- A description of the partnerships your program has
established within the community or resources your program
provides related to:
- Special education services
- Information on nutrition Immunizations
- Health, dental and mental health care and services
- Social services Recreation opportunities
- Parenting education and support
- A description of the diverse roles represented on the programís CPP district advisory council
Note: Districts do not have to provide all these services, but instead should help families to access the services within the community. In addition, district advisory councils should consider how they might partner with other early care and education programs to extend services beyond a half-day, nine-month program.