Remedial Rate Changes Communications Toolkit (see tools below)
The Colorado Department of Higher Education's Remedial Rates annual report includes new calculations for school rates. The Department of Higher Education has put together a set of resources to explain the new calculations and assist districts in communications around the release of this report.
- Understanding Remedial Rate Changes (PDF) - These key messages provide a framework you can use in your communication to ensure your points are accurate and deliver the right message.
- PowerPoint Presentation (PPT)
- Frequently Asked Questions (PDF) - These FAQs help answer questions like, "Can students take other college classes while in remedial classes?" along with other questions and answers that may be of interest.
- Questions and Answers from the April 2 Colorado School Public Relations Association (COSPRA) Meeting
- Remediation Drop-in Article (Word) - This letter was prepared as a tool for school leaders to use to communicate with parents and families in their communities. School leaders are welcome to use the content of the letter in full or in part and may edit the letter as needed.
- Video - This six minute video, posted on YouTube, explains the remedial rate change to a general audience.