One tool aimed at increasing the level of district-level communications and saving leadership time are the monthly “drop-in” articles. Drop-in articles are:
- Pre-written electronic updates on key topics
- Able to be used as content for newsletters, websites, presentations, etc.
- As easy as copying, pasting, and inserting the superintendent’s/principal's name
- Available in two formats – one for a principal/teacher audience and one for a community/parent audience
Drop-in articles are like giving superintendents and principals their own PR agency as a ghost writer. The updates on key initiatives are already written saving you time and ensuring you are communicating the most recent, accurate and relevant information.
These drop-in articles are ready for district leadership and principals to e-mail to their staff with important updates around the work being done on standards, assessments and educator effectiveness. To use this resource, download the pre-written article below, copy the text into your e-mail, customize with your name and a personal message, and send! You could also use this content for your website, in a newsletter or as part of a presentation. The drop-in articles contain updates on work being done in many areas so if your district doesn't need a detailed update on one particular area, you are more than welcome to shorten or delete content from the pre-written drop-in article.
- May 2013 Drop-in Article for Principals/Teachers
- April 2013 Drop-in Article for Principals/Teachers
- March 2013 Drop-in Article for Principals/Teachers
- January 2013 Drop-in Article for Principals/Teachers
- November 2012 Drop-in Article for Principals/Teachers
- October 2012 Drop-in Article for Principals/Teachers
- September 2012 Drop-in Article for Principals/Teachers
- August 2012 Drop-in Article for Principal/Teachers
These drop-in articles are ready for district leadership/principals to use in parent and community communications (newsletters, web, etc.) as a way of keeping these audiences informed on the important work being done. Each month, a drop-in article is released on a particular topic, however, you can use any drop-in article at any time. They do not have to be sent in the month they were written.
- Endorsed Diploma Drop-in Article (August 2013) - Postsecondary and Workforce Readiness (PWR) endorsed high school dipolmas are a voluntary option for districts/BOCES. This letter was prepared as a tool for K-12 school leaders to use to communicate with parents and families.
- Drop-in about the Colorado Academic Standards and the Common Core State Standards (April 2013)
- March 2013 Drop-in Article for Parents/Community
- November 2012 Drop-in Article for Parents/Community
- October 2012 Drop-in Article for Parents/Community