One tool aimed at increasing the level of district-level communications and saving leadership time are the monthly “drop-in” articles. Drop-in articles are:
- Pre-written electronic updates on key topics
- Able to be used as content for newsletters, websites, presentations, etc.
- As easy as copying, pasting, and inserting the superintendent’s/principal's name
- Available in two formats – one for a principal/teacher audience and one for a community/parent audience
Drop-in articles are like giving superintendents and principals their own PR agency as a ghost writer. The updates on key initiatives are already written saving you time and ensuring you are communicating the most recent, accurate and relevant information.
These drop-in articles are ready for district leadership and principals to e-mail to their staff with important updates around the work being done on standards, assessments and educator effectiveness. To use this resource, download the pre-written article below, copy the text into your e-mail, customize with your name and a personal message, and send! You could also use this content for your website, in a newsletter or as part of a presentation. The drop-in articles contain updates on work being done in many areas so if your district doesn't need a detailed update on one particular area, you are more than welcome to shorten or delete content from the pre-written drop-in article.
- January 2014 Drop-in Article - update on implementation of new standards, assessments and educator evaluations
- May 2013 Drop-in Article for Principals/Teachers
- April 2013 Drop-in Article for Principals/Teachers
- March 2013 Drop-in Article for Principals/Teachers
- January 2013 Drop-in Article for Principals/Teachers
These drop-in articles are ready for district leadership/principals to use in parent and community communications (newsletters, web, etc.) as a way of keeping these audiences informed on the important work being done. Each month, a drop-in article is released on a particular topic, however, you can use any drop-in article at any time. They do not have to be sent in the month they were written.
- Endorsed Diploma Drop-in Article (August 2013) - Postsecondary and Workforce Readiness (PWR) endorsed high school dipolmas are a voluntary option for districts/BOCES. This letter was prepared as a tool for K-12 school leaders to use to communicate with parents and families.
- Colorado Academic Standards Drop-in Article (April 2013) - This letter was prepared as a tool for school leaders to use to communicate with parents and families in their communities. School leaders are welcome to use the content of the letter in full or in part and may edit the letter as needed.