- Kindergarten School Readiness Assessment Implementation Options: 2015-16 (PDF)
The Colorado Achievement Plan for Kids (CAP4K) legislation mandates that every child in state funded preschool or kindergarten have an individual readiness plan informed by a Colorado State Board of Education approved school readiness assessment.
- Race to the Top- Early Challenge Fund (PDF)
Students need a high-quality preschool through 12th grade (P-12) education that prepares them to succeed in college and the workforce. Read more about the Race To the Top Early Learning Challenge Fund and what resources and supports it will provide for districts.
- School Readiness – Building a Foundation for Success (PDF)
Senate Bill 08-212, Colorado’s Achievement Plan for Kids (CAP4K), passed in 2008 with the goal of aligning Colorado’s preschool through postsecondary education system.
- School Readiness and Teaching Strategies GOLD (PDF)
In December 2012, the State Board of Education voted to offer a menu of school readiness assessments for districts to choose from. The board approved Teaching Strategies GOLD® as the first school readiness assessment tool for the menu.
- School Readiness - Frequently Asked Questions, March 2013 (PDF)