Join us for a discussion on Twitter! Each month, the Colorado Department of Education and the Colorado Education Initiative (CEI) hosts the #COedchat with experts on various education topics. This is your opportunity as an educator, parent, student or citizen to interact with experts on a specific topic and ask any questions you may have. Join the chat on the third Thursday of every month from 4-5 p.m. Just go to Twitter.com and enter the #COedchat hashtag in the search box.
Details for our next #COedchat
Date: Thursday, Aug. 21
Time: 4-5 p.m.
Topic: Back to School Parent Communications hosted by @codepted and @edinitiativeco
Details: It’s back to school season! Now is the time when teachers begin communicating with parents about what to expect in the year ahead. Our Back to School chat will help teachers prepare by sharing tips and resources for talking to parents about Colorado’s new academic standards and state tests. Don’t miss this opportunity to collaborate with other educators and get resources and strategies from communication experts.
- Lesley Dahlkemper, Vice President, Strategic Engagement & Communications at CEI, @LDahlkemper
- Amy Skinner, Director of Communications at CDE, @AmyRSkinner
How to participate:
- On Thursday, Aug. 21 at 4 p.m. go to Twitter.com and type in #COedchat in the search box to follow the discussion.
- @codepted and @edinitiativeco will be asking questions that were sent in advance of the Twitter chat.
• Example tweet (what it will look like): @codepted: Q1: How can teachers increase communication with parents? #COedchat
- Our content experts will be answering the questions and we encourage you to weigh in with your answers too! Be sure to include the #COedchat hashtag with every tweet.
• Example Tweet (how you should respond): A1: By setting ongoing, clear lines of communication from the beginning #COedchat
4. Engage others- respond to fellow tweeters’ responses and carry on the discussion. Make sure to include #COedchat in your tweet!
• Example Tweet (how you can respond to someone else): @MarySmith123: By inviting parents to sit in on a classroom lesson #COedchat
If you have any questions about the #COedchat, please contact Katie Lams at email@example.com. If you've never participated in a Twitter chat before, check out this handy guide from Education Week.