Join us for a discussion on Twitter! Each month, the Colorado Department of Education and the Colorado Education Initiative (CEI) hosts the #COedchat with experts on various education topics. This is your opportunity as an educator, parent, student or citizen to interact with experts on a specific topic and ask any questions you may have. Join the chat on the fourth Monday of every month from 4-4:45 p.m. Just go to Twitter.com and enter the #COedchat hashtag in the search box.
To see past Colorado Education Twitter Chats - visit our storify page!
Details for our next #COedchat
Date: Monday, April 28
Time: 4-4:45 p.m.
How to participate:
1. On Monday, April 28 at 4 p.m. go to Twitter.com and type in #COedchat in the search box to follow the discussion.
2. @codepted and @edinitiativeco will be asking questions that were sent in advance of the Twitter chat.
- Example tweet (what it will look like): @codepted: Q1: How can we encourage students to pursue careers in STEM fields? #COedchat
3. Our content experts will be answering the questions and we encourage you to weigh in with your answers too! Be sure to include the #COedchat hashtag with every tweet.
- Example Tweet (how you should respond): A1: The Colorado STEM Education Roadmap sets the vision and outlines the steps #COedchat
4. Engage others- respond to fellow tweeters’ responses and carry on the discussion. Make sure to include #COedchat in your tweet!
- Example Tweet (how you can respond to someone else): @MarySmith123: By bringing current "STEM" employees into the classroom #COedchat
If you have any questions about the #COedchat, please contact Katie Lams at email@example.com. If you've never participated in a Twitter chat before, check out this handy guide from Education Week.