March 22, 2011
State Council For Educator Effectiveness Meets Friday, March 25, In Denver
The next meeting of the State Council for Educator Effectiveness will be held on Friday, March 25, from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. at the Colorado Children’s Campaign, 1580 Lincoln St., Suite 420, in Denver.
The agenda includes:
- 9 a.m. – Welcome and Announcements
- 9:15 a.m. –Principal Evaluation System
- 10:30 a.m. – Statewide Scoring Framework
- 11:15 a.m. – Public Comment
- 11:30 a.m. – Statewide Scoring Framework
- 1:30 p.m. – Appeals
- 2:15 p.m. – Pilot Project
- 2:45 p.m. – Public Comment
- 3:00 p.m. – Pilot Project
- 3:45 p.m. – Consensus Issues
- 4:15 p.m. - Closing
The 15-member council met for the first time on March 11, 2010. The purpose of the council, according to the governor’s charge, is to provide a forum for considering options and providing recommendations to ensure that every educator is:
· Evaluated using multiple, fair, transparent, timely, rigorous and valid methods, at least 50 percent of which is determined by academic growth of their students.
· Afforded a meaningful opportunity improve their effectiveness.
· Provided the means to share effective practices with other educators statewide.
Among other charges, the council was given an April 2011 deadline to draft definitions of teacher effectiveness and principal effectiveness and to “develop and recommend guidelines for adequate implementation of a high-quality educator evaluation system.”
Council members are appointed by the Governor and represent the business community, teachers, higher education, school and district administrators, school board members, charter schools, parents, students and the state department of education.
Future meetings are:
· Friday, April 8, from 9 a.m. – 5 p.m., Wings Over the Rockies Museum, 7711 E. Academy Blvd., Denver
· Friday, April 22, from 9 a.m. – 5 p.m., Colorado Children’s Campaign, 1580 Lincoln St., Suite 420, Denver
For more information on educator effectiveness initiatives at CDE, visit http://www.cde.state.co.us/educatoreffectiveness/
For technical assistance, E-Mail: CDE_Communications_Office@cde.state.co.us