March 22, 2011
Next Meeting of Public School Capital Construction Assistance Board Is Wednesday, March 23 in Denver
The next meeting of the Public School Capital Construction Assistance Board (CCAB) is scheduled for Wednesday, March 23.
The meeting will be held from 1 to 3:30 p.m. at the Colorado Department of Education, 201 E. Colfax Ave., Room 101, in Denver.
The meeting agenda includes:
- Roll call;
- Approve agenda;
- Approve minutes from February meeting;
- Board report;
- Ground-breaking at Park County Re-2;
- Assistance board members with terms expiring in 2011 ;
- Summary of BEST grant application;
- Action items
- Approve assistance board resolution regarding memorandum of understanding between History Colorado and CDE;
- Approve assistance board process for FY2011-12 grant application review and selection of projects to recommend to the state board for award;
- Cancel the June 22, 2011 assistance board meeting due to several meeting the following week;
- Review BEST rules for possible revisions;
- Staff proposals regarding funding of master plans;
- Review of assurances and certificates;
Future meetings (all meetings will be held at the Colorado Department of Education, 201 E. Colfax Ave., Room 101 unless otherwise noted)
- Wednesday, April 27 - from 1-3:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, May 25 - from 1-3:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, June 22 – from 1-3:30 p.m.
- Monday – Thursday, June 27-30, from 8:30-5 p.m. Location: PPA Event Center 2105 Decatur St. Denver, CO 80211
- Wednesday, July 27 - from 1-3:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, August 24 - from 1-3:30 p.m.
For more information, contact Ted Hughes, director of division of public school capital construction assistance at 303-866-6948.
The BEST legislation increases the level of financial assistance provided to school districts, charter schools and Board of Cooperative Educational Services (BOCES) for capital construction projects, particularly in those school districts that can’t afford to meet their own needs.
The function of the Public School Capital Construction Assistance Board is to protect the health and safety of persons using public school facilities and to maximize student achievement by ensuring public school facilities provide a safe and un-crowded environment that is conducive to student learning.
For more information on the Capital Construction Assistance Board and to read board minutes, visit http://www.cde.state.co.us/cdefinance/CapConstmain.htm