Feb. 22, 2011
Next Meeting of Public School Capital Construction Assistance Board Is Wednesday, Feb. 23 in Denver
The next meeting of the Public School Capital Construction Assistance Board (CCAB) is scheduled for Wednesday, Feb. 23.
The meeting will be held from 1 to 3:30 p.m. at the Colorado Department of Education, 201 E. Colfax Ave., Room 101, in Denver.
The meeting agenda includes:
- Roll call;
- Approve agenda;
- Approve minutes from January meeting;
- Board report;
- Directors report
- Centennial School District R-1 ribbon cutting;
- Centennial School District R-1 facility start-up;
- League of Charter School conference;
- Discussion pertaining to the Colorado Historical Society process and memorandum of understanding;
- Discussion pertaining to the amount of funding available for FY2011-12 lease-purchase projects;
- Discussion pertaining to the BEST Grant Application review process;
- Discussion pertaining to plan and policy for capital renewal budgets;
- Discussion pertaining to process for funding master plans;
- Review of the assurances and certificates – from the BEST grant application;
- Discussion pertaining to BEST rules;
- Upcoming meetings:
All meetings are scheduled for 1—3:30 p.m. at the Colorado Department of Education, 201 E. Colfax Ave., Room 101 in Denver (unless otherwise noted). The monthly board meetings for 2011 are scheduled for:
- March 23
- April 27
- May 25
- June 27-30, from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. at the PPA Event Center, 2105 Decatur St., Denver
- Public comment;
For more information, contact Ted Hughes, director of division of public school capital construction assistance at 303-866-6948.
The BEST legislation increases the level of financial assistance provided to school districts, charter schools and Board of Cooperative Educational Services (BOCES) for capital construction projects, particularly in those school districts that can’t afford to meet their own needs.
The function of the Public School Capital Construction Assistance Board is to protect the health and safety of persons using public school facilities and to maximize student achievement by ensuring public school facilities provide a safe and un-crowded environment that is conducive to student learning.
For more information on the Capital Construction Assistance Board and to read board minutes, visit http://www.cde.state.co.us/cdefinance/CapConstmain.htm