Feb. 7, 2011
State Council For Educator Effectiveness Meets Friday, Feb. 11, In Denver
The next meeting of the State Council for Educator Effectiveness will be held on Friday, Feb. 11 from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. at the Community College System, Lowry Conference Center, 1061 Akron Way, Bldg. 697 in Denver.
All meetings of the state council are open to the public. Members of the public are encouraged to submit comments to the council via e-mail at SCEE@cde.state.co.us. If you plan to make public comment at a council meeting, the council requests that you notify Vanessa Roman at email@example.com with your name and topic of comment so staff may plan the agenda accordingly.
The agenda includes:
- 9 a.m. – Welcome and Announcements
- 9:05 a.m. – Framing and Progress Monitoring
- 9:15 a.m. –Measuring Student Growth for Teacher and Principal Evaluation
- 10:45 a.m. – Public Comment
- 11 a.m. – Technical Advisory Group Recommendations on Testing, Pilot and Roll Out of Evaluation System
- 12:30 p.m. – Technical Advisory Group Recommendations on Policy Alignment
- 1:30 p.m. – Technical Advisory Group Recommendations on Student Engagement
- 2:30 p.m. – State Model System
- 3 p.m. – Public Comment
- 3:15 p.m. – Final Report
- 4:15 p.m. - Closing
The 15-member council met for the first time on March 11, 2010. The purpose of the council, according to the governor’s charge, is to provide a forum for considering options and providing recommendations to ensure that every educator is:
- Evaluated using multiple, fair, transparent, timely, rigorous and valid methods, at least 50 percent of which is determined by academic growth of their students.
- Afforded a meaningful opportunity improve their effectiveness.
- Provided the means to share effective practices with other educators statewide.
Among other charges, the council was given an April 2011 deadline to draft definitions of teacher effectiveness and principal effectiveness and to “develop and recommend guidelines for adequate implementation of a high-quality educator evaluation system.”
Council members are appointed by the Governor and represent the business community, teachers, higher education, school and district administrators, school board members, charter schools, parents, students and the state department of education.
Future meetings are:
- Friday, Feb. 18, from 9 a.m. – 5 p.m., Wings Over the Rockies Museum, 7711 E. Academy Blvd., Denver
- Friday, Feb. 25, from 9 a.m. – 5 p.m., Colorado Children’s Campaign, 1580 Lincoln St., Suite 420, Denver
- Friday, March 11, from 9 a.m. – 5 p.m., Colorado Children’s Campaign, 1580 Lincoln St., Suite 420, Denver
- Friday, March 25, from 9 a.m. – 5 p.m., Colorado Children’s Campaign, 1580 Lincoln St., Suite 420, Denver
- Friday, April 8, from 9 a.m. – 5 p.m., Wings Over the Rockies Museum, 7711 E. Academy Blvd., Denver
- Friday, April 22, from 9 a.m. – 5 p.m., Colorado Children’s Campaign, 1580 Lincoln St., Suite 420, Denver
For more information on educator effectiveness initiatives at CDE, visit http://www.cde.state.co.us/educatoreffectiveness/